The past week has definitely been about celebrating birthdays. Our good friends the Gees welcomed their second child, Sadie, into the world last weekend and we've enjoyed getting to spend some time with them. Sadie's cheeks are the chubbiest I've ever seen-- so cute!! On Saturday, Izzy and I went to the first birthday party for the daughter of an old coworker of mine. Ella is a sweetheart and had a great time tearing into her cake! Bubbles were given out as the party favors and it turns out that Izzy LOVES bubbles! She was a little confused at first since she hasn't figured out how to blow and instead licked the bubble wand, but once we got back home and Ben blew the bubbles for her, she thought it was hysterical!
Ella sharing cake with her mama.
Studying how to remove the lid...
Choosing to instead eat the bubble solution...
Getting the hang of it with Dad's help...
Too funny!
Ben recently found out he has been accepted to take the exam to become licensed as a Professional Engineer in October, so he's been studying a good bit lately. While he studied this weekend, Izzy and I worked on her new bedroom. We moved some of her toys and she seems to really enjoy playing there. My plan is to move her clothes soon and basically do everything in that room except sleep, and then when she seems really comfortable in the space we'll try sleeping there. While I know every child is different, I'd definitely appreciate any advice from folks who've had to change their baby's room before!
3 comments:
Hmmm...I've never thought about having to move a child into a new room slowly. Good advice for the future! On another note, I LOVE little girl clothes! Izzy always looks so darn cute!
First of all, that picture of Ben and Izzy is priceless!
As for moving a toddler, we did the same thing. Basically moved all clothes and familiar decorations / toys one day, played in it the next, and then slept in there the next. It was actually a lot less painful than I thought it would be. Just start calling it her room from the start and I bet she'll own it like a champ. Good luck and keep the blog posts coming!
I agree. When we moved last summer, we just made sure that Carter slept in his crib which was familiar to him at the time. We also called it his room from the start and he seemed to really move into the new room quite easily. I think she will probably surprise you! Great posts!!!
Post a Comment