Wednesday, July 21, 2010

16 Weeks

Well, whaddaya know, two posts in two days! Who knew I had it in me? Actually, I think you'll be able to judge how busy I am at work by how often I post... Man, I hope no one from work ever wanders across this blog...

It's so tough for the focus of life not to be on Isabelle since she is here and active and so... shall we say, assertive? But in honor of our growing second child, I think I'll try to post his/her progress every week. Today marks the end of the 16th week of this pregnancy and Baby W version 2.0 is now about the size of an avocado! I enjoy the food analogies for many reasons, not the least of which is that I'm almost always hungry. Speaking of which, my tummy suddenly started to pooch out over the weekend, which is about 5 weeks earlier than it did with Izzy. I'm really trying to watch what I eat and other parents out there know you get lots of exercise chasing a toddler, so I'm hoping the early pooch is just due to the fact that this ain't my first rodeo.

It's really interesting how different this pregnancy has been in terms of preparation. With Izzy, I spent so much time researching EVERYTHING from cribs to clothes to car seats. This time we already have a lot of the baby gear ready to go so the focus is more on where everyone is going to sleep, how we're going to fit 2 car seats comfortably in the back seat, and how to prep Izzy on what's happening. We're still pretty clueless on most things, but I think we have the sleeping arrangements figured out. We've decided to keep Izzy's room as the nursery and move her into the current guest room. We'll keep the bed in that room, (grandparents, we're not giving up the ability to have you come help visit!), but we've gotten a second crib to make the transition easier on us all. I don't think Izzy will be ready for a big girl bed anytime soon, and even if she were, do we really want a 20-month-old free to roam the house at night in addition to the stress of a new baby? No thanks. So we're slowly getting her new room in order and plan to have her start sleeping there in the next month or two. She's generally a very flexible baby, so we're hoping for a fairly seamless transition. Time will tell I guess.

I don't want to overexert myself on only my second day back to blogging, so I'll end now. Look for pictures of Izzy's new room and any shenanigans from the next few days on Monday!

No comments: