Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Edisto Trip

Last week we enjoyed a great trip up to Edisto with Ben's family. It was so nice to see everyone and spend time together, and it was wonderful to have so many people ready and willing to play with Izzy. It was incredibly hot, just like it's been in Savannah lately, so we found it best to stay inside and relax until mid afternoon and then head to the beach. Izzy wanted to make friends with every person and animal around us! She especially loved all the birds and dogs on the beach. As a special treat we went on a boat tour of the rivers surrounding Edisto Island. Izzy was pretty unsure of the speed at first, but she got the hang of it quickly... especially when distracted by pretzels. :)

Here are some of the highlights from the week, and more can be found here.

 Cooling off on the boat ride.


Watching for dolphins with Grandpa and Rileigh; we saw quite a few up close!


Catch of the day!


Loving the beach life




Taking a much needed break!




It was tough to keep her off the stairs; we're thankful we don't have any at home!


Thanks so much to Grandma and Grandpa for a wonderful trip!!

2 comments:

October said...

Such a cute little family!! I'm glad you had a great vacation :)

Thank you for the condolences. I hope I don't lose either of the other two anytime soon!

Shannon and Chuck Kolenik said...

I LOVE Izzy's curly hair!!! I am so jealous of your beach trip, it looks like a wonderful time was had by all.

Shannon