Izzy and I had a really fun day yesterday! Her new mattress arrived Wednesday after work, so that night I got her crib all set up and ready to be used. Thursday she took a great nap in it and Thursday night she slept well there! I was so relieved. Thanks everyone for the advice on moving a toddler- you were all right!
Thursday we went grocery shopping and I finally got Izzy a real toothbrush and toothpaste. We'd just been using one of those plastic brushes that fits over the parent's finger and water, but she was getting pretty tired of that and I wasn't doing the best job even remembering to use it. She held on to the toothbrush the entire shopping trip and all the way home and seemed to take such pride in it! She also tried to talk on it like it was a phone, but who am I to ruin her imagination. ;) Anyhow, we broke it out yesterday morning after breakfast and she loved it. She moved it around her mouth for awhile and willingly let me brush her teeth too. So much easier than that silly finger brush!
I wrote the other day how Izzy's behavior has been off lately, but thankfully the past two days have been much better. I know a lot of it has to do with her age and testing her limits, but she seems to go to bed easier at night and put up less of a fight about life in general when she's had lots of outside time, but it's been so hard to accomplish that with the crazy heat we've been having. I mean, the heat index on Thursday was 114 degrees; can't exactly let a one-year-old spend time outside in that. So yesterday morning, to celebrate her first night in her new room, we headed to the park to get some play time in before it got really hot. It was her first real time going just to play, not to meet friends for a picnic or something like that, and I wasn't sure if she'd really understand "playing" on the equipment. No other kids were there when we arrived a little before 9. I pushed her in a swing for a bit and she climbed the stairs to the play structure but didn't really seem to want to try any of the slides or tunnels, so we walked around the park for a long while. She was interested in the big fountain (we were in Forsyth for those familiar with Savannah) and waved to- or at least stared and eventually smiled at- all the older folks who said good morning to her. By the time we got back to the play area, there were some other kids there. She watched two boys chase each other through the tunnels and it was on! She climbed right back up on the structure and walked/ran all around and through the tunnels. She didn't care about the slides, which was good since that's probably a two-parent gig, at least the first few times. She was having such a great time and fussed when we finally left around 10:30, but it was getting quite hot and I knew she was tired. She came home and took a glorious 2-hour nap!
We ended the day with a fun cookout at the Thompsons' house. We've known the Thompsons for years and Charlotte T. is Izzy's age and in the same class at daycare, so they always have a great time together. Izzy got to bed later than usual and is thankfully still asleep right now! After breakfast, she and I are heading back to Forsyth for the weekly farmers market. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
SO glad to hear she is doing well in her new bed. Isn't the park a fun place? Just wish we could figure out how to get our little one to leave it without putting up a fuss...love your blog and the sweet pictures!!
Wow, what an exciting time!! She is just growing up way too fast though. I know, I know...everyone says that!
Wow! She is getting older! Mary-halis, she is so beautiful! Love the hair!
Post a Comment