
We went in for Izzy's 4-month well baby check on September 3, and she's up to 19 pounds, 14 ounces and 26.5 inches! I thought for sure she was going to break the 20-pound mark, but not quite yet. :) Her pediatrician likes to have babies start solids on the early side of the 4 to 6 month range, so we decided to try cereal. I was extra agreeable to his suggestion since Izzy has started waking up several times a night lately and seems not quite satisfied with breastmilk anymore, so I was hoping cereal might help. Her first experience went pretty well. She was a little uncertain about the spoon and having the cereal in her mouth at first, but she's quickly getting the hang of it. Last night was her 4th meal and she really seemed to enjoy it, holding her mouth open before the next bite was even on the spoon! Check out the last picture in the slideshow to see her reaction when the bowl was empty... We had to make her some more! And best of all (I hope I'm not jinxing myself!), she finally did sleep through the night again! We'll keep going with cereal through the week and may try green beans this weekend. Stay tuned!
We stayed in town this weekend and had a great long Labor Day weekend. (A 5-day one for me since I don't work Thursday and Friday anyhow!) Saturday we went to a very fun party at the Thompsons where Izzy got to meet several new friends around her age and Ben and I got to watch the first Clemson game of the season. The Thompsons know how to throw a party and had great food plus a projector and screen to show the non-televised game. We had an awesome time! Then Sunday we went to a baby shower for Mandy and Jesse, who are expecting their second child, a boy this time, in about a month. More delicious food and good company, plus the fun of seeing them open their gifts. I love baby showers! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment